Special Enrollment Period
The Special Enrollment Period allows you to join, switch or drop a Medicare prescription drug plan if any of these circumstances apply to you:
- You permanently move into our plan’s service area, which is Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
- You lose employer group prescription drug coverage.
- You recently had a change in your Medicaid (newly got Medicaid, had a change in level of Medicaid assistance, or lost Medicaid).
- You recently had a change in your Extra Help paying for Medicare prescription drug coverage (newly got Extra Help, had a change in the level of Extra Help, or lost Extra Help).
- You have both Medicare and Medicaid (or your state helps pay for your Medicare premiums) or you get Extra Help paying for your Medicare prescription drug coverage, but you haven’t had a change. You are making this enrollment request between January 1 and September 30 and you understand you can only make this request once per quarter.
- You live in, are moving into, or recently moved out of a nursing home or Long-term Care Facility.
- You no longer qualify for Extra Help paying for your Medicare prescription drug coverage.
- You belong to a Pharmacy Assistance Program (SPAP) provided by your state.
- You are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan and want to make a change during the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (MA OEP) between January 1st and March 31st.
- You are affected by a weather-related emergency or major disaster (as declared by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) or by a Federal, state, or local government entity. One of the other statements here applied to you, but you were unable to make your enrollment because of the disaster.
- You are enrolled in a plan by Medicare (or your state), and you want to choose a different plan.
- You were recently released from incarceration.
- You recently obtained lawful presence in the United States or gained US citizenship.
Note: The special enrollment reasons listed above do not include every possible example. For more information about special enrollment, call our dedicated team of experts today. Contact Us
Ready to Enroll Online?