Medication Therapy Management helps keep you safe
Blue MedicareRx (PDP) members are eligible for Medication Therapy Management (MTM) at no additional charge as part of their plan. With MTM, a licensed pharmacist will perform a review of all of your medications and supplements, called a Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR).
To qualify for this program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
You have 3 or more of the following chronic disease conditions:
chronic heart failure
- You fill eight or more different prescription medications for your chronic conditions using your Medicare prescription drug coverage
- You spend more than the annual medication cost threshold
If you qualify, a licensed pharmacist will review all of your prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, and vitamin and herbal supplements to ensure your combined treatments are safe and effective. The pharmacist may also contact your prescribing doctor(s) to discuss your treatment.
Once your pharmacist reviews all of your medications, they will offer a consultation that includes:
- Tips for safe use of all of the drugs you take, including possible interactions that may decrease effectiveness and prevent you from feeling better
- Possible side-effects you may be experiencing from your drugs
- Information on lower-cost drugs that may save you money while providing the same effective treatment for your condition
You will also receive a recap of your review by mail, along with a handy medication list that you can use for future appointments with your doctor.
If you would like to learn more or sign up for the MTM program, call Customer Care at the number on your Member ID card.