How to disenroll from your Medicare Part D plan
You have the right to disenroll from your Blue MedicareRx (PDP) plan, which means you can cancel your Medicare prescription drug coverage with us. Medicare limits disenrollment to the same periods that enrollment is allowed:
- Initial Enrollment Period
- Annual Election Period
- Special Enrollment Period
How to disenroll
To disenroll, you can:
- Enroll in another Part D plan during one of the valid enrollment periods listed above
- Fax or mail a signed disenrollment form to Blue MedicareRx
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE
If you send us a disenrollment form, we will contact you when it’s received to confirm if you can disenroll at that time, based on Medicare rules. We will try to notify you of the effective date of your disenrollment, and after that date, we will not cover any prescription drugs you receive.
Until your disenrollment effective date, you are still a Blue MedicareRx member. To use your benefits, you must continue to get your prescription drugs through one of our network pharmacies and follow all other plan rules.
We cannot ask you to leave the plan for any health-related reasons. However, you can be involuntarily disenrolled from our plan if:
- You do not stay continuously enrolled in either Medicare Part A or Part B
- You move out of our service area or are away from our service area for more than 6 months. If you plan a move or take a long trip, please call Customer Care to find out if the place you are moving or traveling to is in our service area.
- You knowingly falsify or withhold information about other parties that provide reimbursement for your prescription drugs
- You do not pay your plan premiums. You will be notified in writing that you have a grace period during which to pay before your membership ends
You have the right to ask us to reconsider a disenrollment decision by filing a grievance.
If you ever think you are being encouraged or asked to disenroll because of your health, you should call the Medicare help line at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. (TTY : 1-877-486-2048)